Here are all the youth basketball Offense / Offenses / and Offensive Plays from our database – Included are basic and advanced plays such as Basic Zone Offenses, Overload Offense, 1-2-2 Motion Offense and Set Plays, 1-4 Flex Offense, Diamond Zone Offense, Quick Hitters, Basic Motion Offenses, Offense Related Options, the 2-1-2 zone offense, and many other plays that will help your team succeed! Feel free to download and print out the handouts!
If you are just starting out as a basketball coach, or just need a refresher – you may want to check out these menu pages and / or handouts regarding the basics of Offense before moving on.
1. *Basic Zone Offense for Youth Rec Teams – This is a very good “first” offense to for the younger players. A great offense that is easy to teach, and most of all easy for the players to learn.
2. *Basic Zone Offense for Middle School Teams – This is a very good zone offense for Middle School teams and JV teams. A very effective offense that has a player running the baseline, and your post player moving high and low.
Here are options / coaching tips related to running a basic Zone Offense
3. *Basic Motion Offense for Middle School / High School Teams – This is possibly the most basic of the motion offenses. Very easy to learn, very effective when executed properly. Included below are video clips of both the animated and live versions of the play, and a handout.
Here are options / coaching tips related to running a basic Motion Offense
4. *Overload Zone Offense – This is a very good zone offense to keep the players moving on the court. This offense gets your shooters open, and incorporates the High / Low game for your post players.
5. *Diamond Zone Offense – This is a another very good zone offense for Middle School / JV teams. Very easy to teach and learn.
6. *2-1-2 Zone Offense (used mainly vs. a 1-3-1 defense) – This is the offense you want to use when your opponent runs a 1-3-1 defense against you. This offense can also be used to “spread” the floor (and waste a little time until a scoring opportunity comes along).
7. *1-4 Flex Motion Offense for Middle School / High School Teams – This motion offense is best know for its baseline screens and cuts. There are many options that can be run out of this Flex Motion Offense set.
Here are some of the many options related to running the 1-4 Motion Offense
8. *Pick and Roll (Motion Offenses) – The Pick and Roll game is one of the most effective ways to score vs. Man to Man defense. If you have the players that can properly execute and understand the pick and roll – you will be successful.
Here are just a few of the many options of the pick and roll.
9. *The 1-2-2 Motion Offense – The great thing about the 1-2-2 Motion Offense is that it incorporates the baseline cut / screen, give and go, high post, and a bunch of quick hitters. If you teach your players the numbering system that is associated with this offense – you will be successful.
Here are some easy to remember “quick hitters” out of the 1-2-2.
10. *45 Zone Offense (Screening the Zone) – The great thing about this zone offense is that it incorporates screening the zone, and the baseline cut / screen (creating lots of options and looks for your shooters). This offense if fairly difficult to learn, but once your players get it – you will be very successful vs. zone defenses.
11. *Delay of Game Plays – Every coach should have some sort of Delay of Game play in their playbook. If you find yourself in a situation where you need to delay the game – just simply run your motion offense and tell your players not to shoot (only Lay-Ups). If your team has a lead, there is no reason to score quickly, delay the game, pick the easy scoring opportunities that come along.
12. *Pop Zone Offense (A 3-Point shooters offense) – This is a zone offense that will get your 3-point shooters open looks. This offense if fairly easy to learn, but once your players get it – you will be very successful with getting open looks for your 3-point shooters.
Don’t forget – we are constantly adding new video clips and handouts to the database – so check back often.